In-state Tuition


In-state Tuition 



How can I qualify for in-state (resident) tuition as a non-resident?



Non-resident tuition scholarships are awarded to students who do not otherwise qualify for in-state or reciprocity tuition. 

  • New first-year students must rank in the top 15% of their high school class OR earn a composite score of 25 or higher on the ACT/1140 SAT (excluding writing) 

  • Transfer students must have completed at least 24 transferable credits completed after high school AND a 3.0 cumulative GPA in all college work. 

Reciprocity agreements with Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Manitoba (Canada) allow students from these states or province to attend St. Cloud State University at comparable in-state tuition rates. See "Reciprocity" under Cost of Attendance.


Submit a request for help




Article ID: 128694
Wed 2/24/21 3:38 PM
Thu 7/1/21 11:32 AM

Related Articles (6)

Attending SCSU does not make you a Minnesota resident
Information on average cost of attendance
Can I get an estimate of financial aid?
Information on reciprocity for tuition purposes
What defines resident and non-resident tuition
SCSU student enrollment figures