My Loan Servicer for my Federal Student Loans


My loan servicer for my federal student loans 


If you have a federal Direct loan, your lender is the U.S. Department of Education (The Department). The Department will select who services your loan(s) - your loan servicer - once the funds have been disbursed to you.  

  1. Look up your loan servicer on the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). You will need your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID to retrieve the data. This is the same FSA ID you used to sign your FAFSA. 

  1. Create an online account with your loan servicer as soon as you receive your loan funds so that you can manage your loan while in school. 

If you have a federal Perkins Loan through St. Cloud State University (SCSU), information about repayment is available from the Minnesota State Student Loan Service Center. If you have a Perkins Loan from a school other than SCSU, contact the school that disbursed the Perkins Loan to you.


Submit a request for help

Print Article


Article ID: 128830
Fri 2/26/21 9:20 AM
Wed 4/28/21 12:37 PM

Related Articles (3)

Federal Loan Limits
Information on in-school deferment
What Do I Owe in Federal Student Loans?