Unpaid Balance Holds on My Account


Why do I have an Unpaid Balance Hold?


There are many types of holds which can be placed on a student's account that may prevent you from registering for classes, receiving official transcripts, or receiving financial aid.  The most common is a Unpaid Balance hold, which is a Finance Hold that is placed on a student account by the Business Office, when an unpaid balance exists for the current or a previous term after the due dates.

Unpaid Balance  (0031)

  • Contact Business Services at (320) 308-4012

Holds will remain on a student's account until the past due balance is paid in full.  Once the balance is paid, the hold will automatically be removed. 

Please see Student Bill, Payment Options & Due Dates for further information on how to make a payment, or contact our office at (320) 308-4012 with any questions.


Submit a request for help




Print Article


Article ID: 128871
Fri 2/26/21 12:57 PM
Fri 7/9/21 10:30 AM

Related Articles (3)

Emergency grants for certain eligible costs
Provisional Admission Hold for Graduate Students
information on account holds

Related Services / Offerings (1)

Ask about undergraduate admissions processing, student records, enrollment and degree verifications, diplomas, course schedule information, course registration, transfer credit evaluation, veterans' educational benefits, teacher licensure application processing, the interactive degree audit and more