Academic Suspension Notice for International Students


What do I do if I am an international student and I just got a letter saying I am suspended?


If you received an email regarding academic suspension, pay close attention to the dates listed as they are of great importance. This is a time sensitive e-mail.

  1. Contact International Student and Scholar Services to find out what they need from you.
  2. Contact the Academic Appeals and Probation Office within the time frame listed in the e-mail.
  3. If you decide to file an appeal, complete the Suspension Appeal Form, including proper documentation, and the Academic Success Plan. Meet with an advisor to review your Suspension Appeal Form and Academic Success Plan, and get their signature.
  4. Submit your appeal to the Academic Appeals and Probation Office in person to Centennial Hall 210, electronically by e-mail to, or fax it to (320) 308-5672 before the due date.


Submit a request for help




Print Article


Article ID: 129025
Mon 3/1/21 1:16 PM
Wed 5/11/22 10:44 AM

Related Articles (3)

Difference in suspension vs. expulsion
Information on the suspension appeal process
Information regarding readmission after academic suspension

Related Services / Offerings (1)

Ask about applying, admission requirements, application deadlines, cost, scholarships, transfer credits, English language requirements and more