Return to finish an undergraduate degree


I want to return to St. Cloud State University to finish my undergraduate degree. What do I need to do?


Welcome back! 

If you have previously attended St. Cloud State University and are planning to return to finish your undergraduate degree, there are several online and in-person resources available to assist you. You do not need to reapply for Admission.


  • We need your current contact information. Please visit: Registration Guide. Click on "e-Services " and log in with your Star ID and password. If you need assistance, please contact 320-308-2111 or
  • Click on "Account Management" (located on the left side of the screen) and then click on "Address Info." You can review and update your addresses by selecting from "Local," "Permanent," and "Diploma" (address you want your diploma mailed upon graduation).


  • If you have taken courses from another Minnesota State College or University listed here: since you attended SCSU, please submit a request for an update to your degree audit to
  • If you have taken courses from the University of Minnesota system or any other college or university since you attended SCSU, contact those institutions and request an official transcript to be sent directly to:

Office of Records and Registration
St. Cloud State University
118 Administrative Services Building
720 Fourth Ave. South
St. Cloud, MN. 56301-4498

You may contact the SCSU Office of Records and Registration at: 320-308-2111 to confirm receipt of the official transcript(s).

In either case, you can obtain an evaluation of how your credits transferred through login to e-Services. Click on "Grades/Transcripts" (left side of screen) and then click on "Interactive Degree Audit Report".


St. Cloud State University offers academic advising from the following sources:

  • Undecided about a major. Contact the Advising & Student Transition in Centennial Hall, Room 366 or by phone: 320-308-6075 or by e-mail at:
  • Formally admitted to your major while previously attending SCSU but had not yet applied to graduate OR if you now have an intended major. Contact your major/minor department(s) directly to arrange an advising appointment with a faculty member. Be sure to mention that you are a returning student when making the appointment. Department and faculty contact information is available at: Academics:
  • Herberger Business School majors and intended-majors: Contact the Business Advising Center in Centennial Hall, Room 229, or by phone: 320-308-3214, or by e-mail:
  • Applied for graduation while previously attending SCSU: Contact a graduation evaluator in the Office of Records and Registration by phone 320-308-2111 or by e-mail: The evaluator will obtain information from you and review your inactive graduation file. Please allow at 2-3 business days for this review to be completed. The evaluator will contact you with information and materials related to your degree progress to date. Where appropriate, the evaluator may schedule an appointment with you or may refer you to your major/minor department for additional advising.

Regardless of your situation, contact with an advisor is your opportunity to determine requirements you have already completed and any remaining requirements that are needed to complete a degree.


Go to the Registration Guide: for registration information and step-by-step directions. Additional assistance with registration or other questions, please contact 320-308-2111 or e-mail

Your SCSU HuskyNet e-mail account is the University's official means of communication and students are responsible for  information sent via e-mail. Please see the Information Technology Services website  for information about technology resources at SCSU. You must be registered for courses in order to activate your account.

Depending on your situation, you may also want to contact the Financial Aid Office, the Business Services OfficePublic Safety (parking permits), Multicultural Student Services, Veterans ServicesResidential Life or other service offices for support. Their locations and contact information can be found at Current Students.







Article ID: 130993
Fri 3/26/21 8:31 AM
Thu 7/1/21 11:04 AM

Related Articles (7)

Information on "What if" degree audits
If I have not completed my bachelor’s degree, can I still apply?
What if I have a bachelor's degree and wish to return to SCSU
How to pay my bill online
How to re-register after missed payment
What to do if returning to finish a graduate degree
Information regarding readmission after academic suspension