Financial Aid in Excess of Charges


My financial aid is more than my bill. When will I receive the excess of my aid over my charges?


When your financial aid exceeds the amount of the charges on your student account, you have excess financial aid. Sometimes this is referred to as an “overage.”

Direct deposits are sent to student bank accounts after Aid Applies, on the 8th day of each semester, and overage checks are mailed on the 9th day of each semester, to the Permanent address on file, if the student does not have a direct deposit on file with SCSU. 

We encourage you to sign up for direct deposit so you receive the funds safer and faster.  Remember: The date the funds are available is determined by your bank.

If you prefer to have a check mailed to you, make sure you have a current local address on file with the University. To verify your current address with SCSU: 

  1. Log in to your student e-Services 

  2. Select “Account Management” and then “Name and Address Info” 

  3. Verify your Diploma, Local, and Permanent addresses are all completed and current

  4. Save


Submit a request for help




Article ID: 128890
Fri 2/26/21 1:30 PM
Thu 7/1/21 11:30 AM

Related Articles (4)

Can I get an estimate of financial aid?
Can I use financial aid at SCSU to pay charges for courses at another school?
Timeline to process my financial aid application.
Policy on tuition refunds